If you’re not marketing your business to people…
someone else is marketing THEIRS to them!
Marketing is the name of the game. You cannot sustain your business without it.
What happens when someone starts a business in Direct Sales? They are excited and booking parties form their family and friends and then 5 months later…they say “this business just isn’t for me. I can’t get anyone to book a party”.
It’s because they’ve run out of family and friends. So what comes next? How do you hold onto that excitement and gain new contacts on a consistent basis?
YOU MARKET YOUR BUSINESS!
Marketing is not something you can do ONE time and think it’s going to pay off big! You have to market your business on a consistent basis. Everything you have to do has to be PURPOSEFUL. And then, and only then, will you start to see consistent results!
Here are just a few fun ways to market your business. What do YOU do that sets you apart from every other consultant out there?
1. Pictures are amazing – people do not throw away things with a photo on them: put your photo on your business cards and your catalog labels. Let people who don’t know you…get a glimpse of you so they associate your business with a REAL person
2. Networking Groups – usually a local group of entrepreneurs, home based businesses
Look for a FB group in your community
Join the local mom’s group
3. Facebook post: Who wants to be AMBUSHED? In two weeks, I will be celebrating THREE local businesses by showering them with Thirty-One products! Want a chance to be picked? Post the name of your business, the address, and the number of people in your department. Winners will be picked on Friday!
4. Call your local Middle School, ask to set up a charity event to give all money to a local charity, or you could donate to PTO. Do a yard sale and vendor event. This gets the parents of the children at the school involved TOO!! Charge $10 a booth and donate all that money to your charity or PTO. The school could send home the invites for the parents! I’m going to Ridgeway Elementary on Monday…so any other school is FAIR GAME for all of you! Who can you contact???? What a great way to get your name out there to LOTS of people!!!!
5. What if you picked one daycare a week, asked to set up an organizing utility tote with “wanna 31 with me?” on it. And put envelopes together with a catalog, booking flier, recruiting flier in it and had them pass them out to all the moms that week. Think about how many contacts you could make! You could also tie a pen to your bag and hole punch the door prize slips and leave a lil fish bowl for them to leave their info for a free prize drawing. more contacts for your TTT too!
6. Market yourself when you are out in public for ANYTHING by carrying products – embroidery is key
isell 31 make $$$ sell 31 luvin’ me some 31
ask me about 31 flippin love 31 blessed by 31
luv my 31 biz got 31?
7. USE your product everywhere you go! Have a bag embroidered with something catchy about your business so that people will ASK you about it! And carry your information everywhere you go so you can pass it out to everyone you meet!
8. Wear your company t-shirts
9. Put this as your vacation response in your email options and put that you will be on vacation for about 3 years. This way, every time someone emails you, they get this in response and directed to your website!
Thank you so much for your interest in Thirty-One Gifts. I will return your email within 24 to 48 hours.
In the meantime please check out my website http://www.mythirtyone.com/missy78
3 great ways to enjoy the Thirty-One products…
1. Order on my website!
2. Host a party and get FREE products!
3. Become a consultant, and build a dream!
10. create a private FB age and add all your friends and family to it. Interact at LEAST weekly on there to keep people’s interests. You can post monthly specials and booking and recruiting incentives. But remember, you can’t add someone to a group without their permission! Not very professional at all, so don’t make that mistake!
Every Monday, I’ll post 10 more marketing tips!!
What are YOUR favorite marketing tips?