My Thirty-One Journey

Video Posted on Updated on

Wow. I’ve made a lot of videos in my time. But this one was the hardest video I have ever made.

This is my story. This is my Thirty-One journey. I’ve told this story at meetings before, but I’ve never publicly told anyone in this way or to this magnitude.

My life and my business are very good right now. I have very few complaints that I could justify at this moment in time. But it wasn’t always like that. I did not have a fairy tale life. My entire childhood could be summed up on a Jerry Springer episode actually. But I can honestly say that every hardship I encountered was a learning opportunity. Every set back in my life made me who I am today.

People ask me OFTEN…why I share so much with others. This video will tell you why. Because one lady, just ONE lady believed in me. And she changed my life forever. So my mission is to be that lady for someone else. My mission is to change as many lives as I possibly can, just like that social worker changed mine.

This is a 20 minute rambling video, warning you in advance. I cried. I don’t cry often. And I certainly try not to do it publicly. But I wanted you all to know me. The REAL me. Not the persona you see that has this wonderful fairytale life. I do now. I’m married to my high school sweetheart and my life is FULL of blessings. But it wasn’t always like that. I worked HARD to get where I am today. And I want everyone to know that YOU can have the same success as me. In whatever you pursue. You simply have to want it bad enough to stop telling yourself all the reasons why you CAN’T have something better. And believe in the one reason why you CAN.

Love you guys,

www.buymybags.com

#31 #31why #31bag #31bags #thirtyone #thirtyonegifts #directsales #myjourney

9 thoughts on “My Thirty-One Journey

Phyllis Hall said:
    August 23, 2015 at 2:35 am

Melissa, WOW what an AWESOME, HEART-WRENCHING, TEAR-JERKER, and INCREDIBLE JOURNEY that you have been on through this thing called LIFE!!! I cannot begin to tell you how truly happy for your

~~~Phyllis V. Hall, RDN, LDN~~~

Phyllis Hall said:
    August 23, 2015 at 2:58 am

OMG, I didn’t even finish this at all so please don’t read the first one; I hit “send” by accident!! Sorry 😦

I am going to finish it and send to you tomorrow because there are sum things that you need to know and hear from me that will blow your mind. I KNOW I AM DESTINED TO BE ON THIS TEAM WITH YOU AND THIS THIRTY-ONE JOURNEY, but I will just have to explain later. So I didn’t mean to send what I sent, but be looking for one from me tomorrow, that will have you in tears just as I was with your story just now!! You are a very caring, competent and compassionate person, just as I and that’s why people like us tell our stories because we want people to know that if we can do it, anybody can do it (no matter what it is if you put your heart and soul into it)!! Girl, I know you~~I am the SAME WAY!! I am having a very difficult time coming off my last setback to really get myself moving with Thirty-One, but it is going to happen~~~I am too passionate about this company not to make it happen!!! So, again, will send you an email tomorrow that I hope you will read and get to know me because I am a good person that has a lot to offer the world. AND….I was that Social Worker who changed your life around~~~well, I was a Nutritionist who certified WIC participants and had so many people tell me that I truly changed their life because I believed in them, and gave them the resources to do whatever they wanted to do to flourish and thrive, and that is what I am all about~~~I have the ability to give to people to turn their life around, and they KNOW they can trust me!! BUT…the last 3 years and 3 months have been the most tragic, devastating, debilitating depressing time in my entire life and everyone seemed to turn their back on me (except for my wonderful, supportive hubby, my sweet 86 year old Father and my Brother who is 18 years older than me~~~everyone else~~betrayed me and that’s why I think “Thirty-One” has come into my life at the time that it did~~we shall see?? But I have POSITIVE THOUGHTS!!

Thank again for sharing your story, you give me the courage and strength to speak up and be heard in order for me to move on and that’s just what I intend to do thanks to YOU!!!😊

~~~Phyllis V. Hall, RDN, LDN~~~

Kelly Ripley said:
    August 23, 2015 at 9:14 am

Thanks so much for sharing your story – I too have removed myself from an unhealthy relationship with my 2 boys approximately 10 years ago, since married my soul mate and have had a precious little girl, so my family is 20, 16 and 3. Started Thirty-One to get the items at a great price and not sell but one friend lead to another and promoted to a director 9 months later! What an amazing opportunity that we get to share and change everyone’s lives, keep sharing as I love all you do for us. Thanks! ❤️

August 23, 2015 at 10:49 pm

You’re very welcome. Thank you for sharing that with me!

Sharon Bielby said:
    August 23, 2015 at 1:11 pm

Thank you Melissa for sharing….makes it all real and let’s me be vulnerable to be able to first accept my lot in life and second, dare to dream! Love your courage! Thank you

Rita Lewis said:
    August 23, 2015 at 10:37 pm

Well one of your little ideas got my business back in gear when I had lost my way! You are amazing! I believe it is all coming back to you because you give it all away! God Bless you and your beautiful family!