Let’s Talk Business Etiquette for Direct Sales

Posted on Updated on

There’s been some things going on that we need to chat about!

#1 on that list: someone decided to start some rumors that Melissa is leaving Thirty-One. 100% FALSE. Let’s just put that out there. Thirty-One is the heart of my passion and love for direct sales and social media. And I would NEVER in a MILLION YEARS walk away from that. So, in short, NO. I’m not going anywhere. Y’all are stuck with me!

I am working as an Independent Social Media Strategist. I’m doing what I love! I get to train and travel and be ME. And it’s a huge dream come true to be able to have TWO jobs that I am so passionate about! That’s the jist of it. Nothing more, nothing less. I’m pursuing ALL my goals and dreams this year. So you can tell everyone to ZIP IT;)

#2: We need to talk business etiquette. So please take a listen to this video. I’m going to start promoting my business on my personal and customer business page. And I need people to respect my space on that. And this goes for ALL consultants! You should be following these simple rules for every sister in direct sales. There’s a way to do things, and a BIG way to NOT do things.

What is okay?

Posting on someone’s picture:

1. that’s so cool
  2. what an awesome job!
  3. congratulations!
  4. i love that color!

What is NOT okay?

1. what did you put in that packet?
  2. where did you buy those bags?
  3. how much was shipping?
  4. do you mail this to all your hostesses?

Those kind of comments immediately turn the post into SPAM. Don’t do it. I’ve been hesitant for years to post my customer group link, my customer page, all kinds of things. And it’s time for me to GROW. So everyone needs to understand that my personal posts, my customer group page, and my Business Customer Page on Facebook are OFF LIMITS to consultants!

I’m ready to teach you all how to grow your businesses in 2017! I’m taking my business to new heights. But I need your help to do that! I can’t grow if I’m constantly being restricted by other consultants. So thank you in advance for even reading through this and I truly hope that I have given someone some new insight on this subject!

Hustle & Hugs,

Melissa Fietsam

8 thoughts on “Let’s Talk Business Etiquette for Direct Sales

Susan said:
    February 3, 2017 at 9:23 am

Love you and everything you do to help us all grow!

Thank you!

Jennie Maynard said:
    February 3, 2017 at 9:48 am

Amen Melissa!! I’ll share this with my girls as they post that sort of stuff on my posts too. 😉

And I’m glad to hear you aren’t going anywhere. 😀

Jennie

[image: Jennie Maynard 613-889-1330]

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 9:01 AM, Melissa Fietsam wrote:

> Melissa Fietsam posted: “There’s been some things going on that we need to > chat about! #1 on that list: someone decided to start some rumors that > Melissa is leaving Thirty-One. 100% FALSE. Let’s just put that out there. > Thirty-One is the heart of my passion and love for direct s” >

Dori said:
    February 3, 2017 at 10:14 am

Very well said! I am sorry you’ve had to “hide” because of fellow (probably unknowing) consultants! I thank you for all that you do share with fellow consultants. For me, it’s the only place I get any sort of motivation or information about 31, and I am so grateful for that! Thanks!

Lisa Rousseau said:
    February 3, 2017 at 11:30 am

I think it’s so cool what you do!! I’m way up in Winnipeg, MB Canada… and I follow you to get ideas for my Craft Show business (Craft Show Girls), and I will be signing up with Thirty-One in the next couple of days (you’re the reason I’m getting started). I’m hoping to run both my businesses with the same amount of enthusiasm and professionalism as you do!
    Thank you for everything!

Stylin with Shauna said:
    February 3, 2017 at 12:23 pm

Thank you for explaining all of this!!

preachingirl said:
    February 3, 2017 at 6:02 pm

I hope that I have not done this, but I’m not sure. Thank you for this info as well as all you do for others. As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I think it’s because you’re so awesome. Yes, spread your wings, you will soar even higher! You’ are like wonder-woman with your super-power being direct-sales. 😀

Liked by 1 person

veronica Lockard said:
    February 3, 2017 at 9:27 pm

So well said. Thank you for all you do and best of luck in advancing your business. Just reading the different letters and seeing the videos and such you have shared, I have learned so much and gotten so many ideas..