I have made a video for my team to explain the importance of getting someone information BACK from them when you hand them your mini catalog.
When you are out running errands all day, you should be handing your mini catalogs or information to everyone you come into contact with. But what good does that do if you don’t get their information in return, right? Because follow up is KEY!
Watch this 2 minute video on how I am going to start collecting their information by doing a DRAWING every month just for my new contacts. This gives you a REASON to ask them for their information! Everyone loves something for free, right??
Once a month, do a drawing with all the information sheets you have collected and give away a free product!
The other thing I like about this form I have made is it has a “best way to contact you” section. If you are emailing someone who never checks their email, you are fighting a losing battle! So why not just ASK them how they prefer to be contacted!
If you would like a copy of the form I have made, visit my Facebook site and I will post it there for everyone to be able to download it. I have this page set up so we can share files with all the different direct sales companies. You can request to be added to this page:
And here is a picture for you to view!
Did you know that because you run a business, you can order something called REGIONAL RATE BOXES, from the post office for FREE and they will ship your business supplies and customer mailings SO much cheaper? Read this from the USPS and follow the links at the bottom to order yours today. You pay no shipping to get them shipped to your door step. And you get FREE boxes with cheaper shipping. Now that’s a WIN/WIN!!!:
- Includes up to $50 in insurance coverage for mailpieces with barcodes3
- Delivery within 1, 2, or 3 business days1 based on where your package started and where it’s being sent
- Free Package Pickup2
- Includes USPS Tracking
- Saturday delivery and residential delivery at no extra charge4
- Zone pricing keeps costs low
I just shipped 24 catalogs and fundraisers packets for $6 in these business rate boxes!!! They are FREE to order! My post office guy told me about it and had one on hand for me. But he said they don’t stock those at the post office, you have to order them! WOOT!! WOOT!! Shipping can be outrageous, and we need to save money where we can. There are all different size boxes you can order completely FREE. https://store.usps.com/store/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=subcatMSS_RegionalRate&categoryNavIds=catGetMailingShippingSupplies%3AsubcatMSS_RegionalRate
I posted this on my main Facebook page and I am having some REALLY good feedback! I even had a kid (a friend of one of my kids) nominate his mom…so sweet!! Great advertisement for YOU and a way to celebrate someone else in the process! Offer a bundle of your products as a Mother’s Day gift for one of the entries. I will number each entry and then pick a winner from the website called http://www.random.org. It allows you to enter numbers and then it chooses a winner for you! Here is what I posted: Mother’s Day is right around the corner. I want to spoil one lucky mom (or a mom that deserves it) with a gift package from YOU! Go check out this board, tell me which one your “mom” would love and why she deserves to win. And tag her when you do, so you can give her a big smile today I will draw a grand prize on April 10th!! So you can have it delivered by Mother’s Day!
And how would this help your business and your friend?
1. People are looking at your information on Pinterest, your business boards, and Mother’s Day gift ideas from your company
2. People are making a personal connection with you by sharing
3. People are tagging someone else, now your information shows up on their page too…more advertisement for YOU
4. You get to show case your product on Facebook without breaking any rules. You’re not selling, asking them to join, or begging them to book a party. You’re simply celebrating THEM and their FRIENDS, and your PRODUCT! WIN/WIN
Check my own Pinterest board to get an idea of what to do for YOURS!
How often are you at a restaurant and you hear the servers singing happy birthday to one of their customers eating dinner with their family?
Watch this 1 minute video to show how you can give a FUN birthday gift the next time you hear this!
So what do you do?
~No matter what your product is, make up some goody bags with something very inexpensive in your company line, a sample of some sort. Put a mini catalog, a business card, a coupon, and a gift. Then make labels that say: HAPPY BIRTHDAY from ~~~~~ and slap it on the outside of it!
~ the next time you hear them singing Happy Birthday, you grab a birthday bag, hand it to YOUR server, and ask them to deliver it to the birthday girl (or guy).
So WHY would you want to do this? What’s in it for you?
1. It is NICE! Who doesn’t love to get a birthday surprise on their birthday??
2. This person is out celebrating with an entire group of their family and friends for their birthday. I can almost bet they are going to show the WHOLE table what the server just brought to them!
3. Your server is going to ask you what the heck it is! And then you’re going to give THEM a mini catalog!
4. It is just plain marketing. It is getting your information out to someone new. In a FUN way! It’s all about being remarkable in what you do…there are hundreds of consultants. But what makes YOU remarkable??? How can you separate yourself from the thousands of other consultants out there who are NOT working their business? You have to think outside the box!!
~this is an idea I got from this wonderful lady: http://www.lemonaidlady.com/
~and this is where I got my 5X8 zip lock bags: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X5x8+zip+lock%2C+clear&_nkw=5×8+zip+lock%2C+clear&_sacat=0&_from=R40
Did you know that Pinterest is the 4th largest traffic driver in the WORLD? If you’re not using it for your business, you’re missing out on all that traffic and all those searches by your customers. The world is changing, and so are people’s shopping habits…you better catch up!
Check out this article snip from TechCrunch.com:
According to new data released by Shareaholic this morning, Pinterest has beaten out Yahoo organic traffic, making Pinterest the fourth largest traffic driver worldwide. Read the whole article here:
There are some great trainings out there on how to effectively use Pinterest in your business and I have been doing my homework. Because that is what leaders do, right? You need to be show casing your product on Pinterest. I will have tons of tips and tricks coming over the next few weeks on things I have learned in the Pinterest world. I will tell you this:
1. I have incorporated my hostess coaching into Pinterest. They have a coupon in their hostess packet. They are directed to find me on Pinterest and find my “31 bags I love” board and re-pin their top 3 favorite. This allows me to: make another solid and long lasting connection with my hostess, she re-pins something that is connected to me. So i reach a whole new audience on Pinterest, AND I get her thinking about a product she loves and wants to earn for FREE. Win/Win, right>
2. Another thing I do… is I have a board for “hostess appetizers”. They can go there and look for some easy appetizers for things to make for their party. So I’m not only sharing product, but FOOD. And everyone loves food, right? Each picture has a saying at the bottom with information on how to get to my website. sneaky sneaky, hunh?
3. THEN..I have a board for fun party themes. The idea is to have FUN at her party. Why not let her choose a theme and have a blast. Cause let’s face it, if it’s not fun, she won’t come back! There are things like Facebook Party, Bunco Night, Ice cream Social, etc. Again, all attached with my website. So if it gets passed around…it all leads back to me.
How many people a day do you think search “party ideas” on Pinterest? Or appetizers? I’m not being left out in the cold! I want MY business to show up!
If you would like to check out my Pinterest, find me here!! Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!!
This is such an awesome way to get your name out there!! Watch this 3 minute video on how to use coloring sheets to advertise your business: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzjfi_EOoXo
The idea is to find new connections at every corner. Places you can leave these:
oil changing businesses
tire changing businesses
doctor and dentist offices
any type of waiting rooms
I bought crayons here for super cheap:http://www.orientaltrading.com/crayons-a2-39_612.fltr?prodCatId=551451
And you can fit a regular size address label on the back with your information! I go to avery.com and make all kinds of labels for my own business and print from home.
I will also post my coloring sheet on our group file page at:
For the coloring sheets, these are so easy to change for each season! Just Google coloring sheets for that particular holiday or season and tons of free templates will come up.
This is CHEAP and FUN and will get your name out in your community!! What other ideas do you have that help you promote your business in a FUN way?
Love and hugs,
Image Posted on Updated on
Trying to raise money for adoption?
Host a Thirty-One party and use 30% of ALL SALES to help with adoption fees!
There are a few ways to do this:
1. Online link to your party. So friends and family from everywhere can place orders
2. Facebook party so you can invite friends and family and I can help generate sales for you
3. Home Show
4. Catalog party
5. Or a combination of any or all of the above!
If you would like to set up your adoption fundraiser today, fill out the survey below and let’s get you started! Not local, NO WORRIES! I can help you no matter where you live!
Melissa Fietsam, Ind. Senior Executive Director