Want a TON of November theme party ideas?
How about some free Facebook party BANNERS?!
I have a pretty awesome group of friends over on Directly Social, and they came up with all of these theme ideas for your month of November! You can use these as themes AND posts within your parties!
And if you want some FREE Facebook Party Banners,
join us on DIRECTLY SOCIAL ON FACEBOOK
Here’s some ideas they came up with for November to inspire you a little:
Sweaters and hoodies
Pumpkin Spice & everything nice
Thanksgiving Crafts with kids
No Shave November
Hunting Season-single wife
Traveling for Thanksgiving
Macy’s Day Parade
Small Business Saturday
Thanksgiving foods: green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, turkey, rolls, pumpkin pie
Canned Food drives
American Diabetes month
Putting up Christmas Tree after Thanksgiving
Hot drinks, hot chocolate, cinammon
Christmas decorations after Thanksgiving
Warm blankets and cozy sweaters
Baking cookies and food
What type of party can you use a theme for?
ANYTHING! Whether you’re doing home shows, online parties, fundraisers, BINGO nights, or even straight retail orders…it doesn’t matter. The problem is everything is BORING! Same old stuff on a different day. Using a theme can help pique some interest and attract new customers as well as engage your current customer base.
Don’t forget to join our Facebook group!
So how do you use a theme?
So, think about it as if you’re planning an actual party. You plan:
You would do the same thing for a home show with a theme.
So what can you do for an online party theme?
- Share recipes (everyone loves a good recipe)
- Facebook banner
- Games (centered around a theme)
- Fun Facts (about your theme)
See where this is going? Train your brain to think differently. Everything you do for a home show, can be done for an online party. ESPECIALLY with Facebook Live now.
Happy (almost) November everyone!
Hostess Coaching is one of the most important things you can focus on in your business.
You do all this hard work to get these parties books and then many times, you don’t fail because of a script or hostess…you fail because YOU failed to do hostess coaching.
When you slack on hostess coaching:
- Your sales go down
- Your bookings go down
- Your recruiting goes down
- Your hostess experience goes down
- Your “repeat hostess” rate goes down
I could really go on and on…the effects of poor hostess coaching are endless.
So we’re trying something new this month. It’s a different form of the hostess coaching envelopes we’ve previously done.
Here’s the deal:
We’re going to have 5 hostess challenges. All income producing activities.
For each step they complete, they get a gift from me. It’s a very small and inexpensive gift, but COOL!
The biggest mistake you can make in hostess coaching is assuming your hostesses know what to do. They don’t.
BEFORE WE GET STARTED…HAVE YOU JOINED DIRECTLY SOCIAL ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE GREAT TIPS?
JOIN DIRECTLY SOCIAL HERE: https://www.facebook.com/groups/directlysocial/
Hostess Coaching #1:
Challenge your hostess to get $200 in orders BEFORE her party even starts.
Send her packet early and get her talking to people.
I created this post and printable to help mine get started:
CHALLENGE #1: Print this form (or just post in the comments below) your top 20 people. Message them all and let them know you’re having a 31 party that starts July 1st. And then ASK THEM if it’s ok to add them to the party! ONLY 20! That’s it!
All you need is 20 friends to join your party, interact, and have fun!
So your message might look like this:
Hey girl! I’m having a 31 party (all online). Is it okay if I add you to the party to take a look? It won’t start until July 1st but I wanted to make sure it would be ok to add you when it starts! My consultant has a pretty crazy line-up, she does things a lot different than the normal!
CHALLENGE #1: Text me a picture of your list completed or messages you sent your friends!
You can actually print this PDF by downloading it here:
Hostess Coaching #2:
This one I create in Mad Mimi, a messaging service. Mad Mimi is $10 a month. MailChimp is free. I use Mad Mimi and I created a video to show you exactly how I use it to hand my hostess a tool for Hostess Coaching #2.
She is challenged to send this text message/link to everyone she can and post on her timeline. The goal is collecting orders and getting people added to her Facebook party.
Here is my LINK: https://madmimi.com/s/25966a
And here is the video on how to create your own.
Hostess Coaching #3:
Challenge your hostess to go Facebook Live and ask her friends to join her party. IT WORKS! I’ve had huge success with having my hostesses do this!
Hostess Coaching #4:
Have your hostess send a message to everyone she knows with a LAST CHANCE TO ORDER:
- Have her text message people
- Have her post on her Facebook profile
- Have her send people a Facebook message
Give her the words to say. Hand her a scripted message WITH A LINK to send to her friends. Make it easy and they will do it!
Hostess Coaching #5:
Book a party for 6 months from now with the new catalog.
Now you’re front loading your calendar like a BOSS.
There are MANY different things you can do with hostess coaching challenges, but these are the ones I picked for this month. I challenge you to think about what YOU need to get in your business and revolve your hostess coaching around that.
Happy Hostess Coaching!
Video Posted on
I am STOKED about this marketing tool for my business! I love it and I want to make sure everyone knows about it.
So let me ask you, what does everyone woman carry in her purse-besides a pen? CHAPSTICK!! I have found a website that is super affordable to buy lip balms that are blank on the outside. And then you can also buy the labels for them and print your own labels with your business information!
That is TEN TIMES better than a business card! Cause no sane woman would ever throw away a lip balm, right?!
I bought pens and used them for years. But I like to be different. And this is definitely right up my alley!!
So check out my own below
Now WHAT are you going to do with these?
1. You can give them to cashiers
2. You can put them in the tubes at the bank drive through
3. You can leave them for servers
4. You can hand to ANYONE you’re having a conversation with about your business
5. Give them to your friends and family so THEY always have your business information on them! They may have your regular information…but would they know your BUSINESS information? I think I’ll give my mom some extras to hand out FOR ME!
6. Use these at your parties for prizes and giveaways. Everyone loves lip balm! And that is SO cheap for a giveaway! Heck, it’s so cheap that you could give EVERYONE at your home party at checkout!
7. These would be great for vendor events
8. Great for Nurses and Teachers week!! Pass out mini grab bags. Or any type of swag bags you were asked to donate.
9. What about Halloween?! You could make little bags for the moms!
10. How about Christmas gifts to all your hostesses for the year? Keep your information in front of them!!
11. These would be great to pass out at your kids ball games. “Hey anybody need some chapstick? I just got these in and I love them”. Oh, yeah…sly as a fox…LOL!!!!
The possibilities are truly endless.
The most important thing in your Direct Sales business is to STAND OUT in the sea of consultants in your area. It doesn’t matter how many consultants are in your area. If they’re not marketing their business in a FUN way, or not even marketing at all, people will choose to shop with YOU. And that’s a fact Jack 😉 I am constantly looking for ways to stand out. To reach new people. To make conversations easier and more fun. To get my information into more people’s hands in an effective way. So what are YOU doing?
Here is the website to order your own blank lip balms:
Round lip balm:
Now I’m not talented enough to make those cute little labels. So Kim, from Night Owl Custom Design on Facebook, made them for me!
You can click the link below to order your own labels if you order these. They’re super affordable and totally worth it!
Here is the link for the round labels:
and here is the link for the tall lip balm labels –
Happy Marketing ladies!!
#marketing #lipbalm #31 #31bag #31bags #thirtyone #thirtyonegifts #directsales #marketyourbusiness #chapstick #bulk #networking
About 6 years ago, I got the grand idea that I should start a blog.
Like…the chic who knew nothing about blogging, or what platform to use, or cost, or anything really. I just knew I wanted to do it. So I spent an entire weekend learning how.
Was it easy? Not really. Was it worth it? Yep. One of the best things I ever did for my business. Most good things aren’t easy though, right?
So now I blog a couple of times a week, and in fact, I have THREE blogs. So I want to show you how it can help your business.
What is a blog?
A blog is simply an extension of your voice. It’s writing about what you are passionate about. It’s teaching others, sharing with others, and engaging with your audience.
How much does it cost?
It’s totally free. I highly recommend WordPress.com. It was very easy to choose a theme and start plugging away. Any time I had questions or couldn’t figure something out, I Googled or watched YouTube videos.
What can a blog do for your business?
Well, I have one for my Direct Sales business:
I have one for our team…and then the one you’re reading this on right now:)
The one for my business serves a ton of purposes:
Landing Page: I can create a well scripted post with links, videos, and graphics and then guide my customers to a professional looking page in order to view the information they are requesting. Want to know more about the opportunity? Great! I have a link for that. That’s a landing page.
Searchable Content: By creating all this on a blog, it’s now searchable content. So you’re actually getting 3 times the punch, out of everything you do. It’s working smarter, not harder.
Shareable Content: Talk about working smarter…I can share my blog in one easy click to Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, Facebook, literally anywhere. So people ask me all the time how I do EVERYTHING. Well, I really just work smarter. I make one post and share in multiple ways on multiple platforms. That is what Cinchshare and WordPress can help you do. My two favorite platforms!
Tell a Story: You can tell a story that resonates with people, but isn’t “in your face selling”. And it leads them to your page and your information. THIS is where you build an audience and engagement. By being REAL. Here’s an example:
Help People: This is a place where you can give valuable information about your industry. For example, my personal business is organizational products and bags. So I’ll be posting more about Organizational Tips and home hacks. NOTHING to do with my business, per say, but giving valuable information to my customers and potential customers. Because when I share those posts all over social media channels…it leads them right back to my blog full of business information.
Customer Group: This is a great thing to keep you consistently posting in your customer group. Make it a goal to write one blog post a week and share that into your customer group. That’s my new goal. To be a VALUE and a SERVICE to my customers without selling to them.
Time Management: I love that I can post something once, and I always know where to find it. My blog is a brain dump for me. Instead of doing things in a messy and non-consistent way, I make one organized post that takes me about 10 minutes longer. And now, I have it FOREVER. Literally. I can search and share with my team, my customers, whatever I want…whenever I want. So it saves me TIME.
What do you need to know about blogging?
Here’s some quick fire tips you need to know.
- Go to WordPress.com and just play around. Start it, create some graphics and banners, just JUMP. And keep at it for 3 months. The more you do it, the easier it is. And now that my page is set up, it’s as simple as writing and clicking publish. That’s it.
- Share to ALL your social media channels. Create original graphics for each post and share them to your Facebook business pages, your customer groups, Twitter, Pinterest, everywhere!
- NEVER take someone’s content or graphics. By law, anything I write on my blog is my personal property. So if you take someone’s “words” you’re actually committing a crime. A blog is to be ORIGINAL, not a copy. Make it personal and you will see the magic happen when people resonate with YOU and your words.
- Never take graphics from Google and put them on your blog. Same thing, you don’t have rights to those graphics and you can get in trouble for it. Use sites like Pixabay.com for graphics and then edit them with your branding in Canva.com.
- Make sure your title of your blog is NOT your company. You are not your company, you are an individual. So get creative or simply use your name!
- Make sure your blog post titles have tons of keywords in them. That is how people will find your content in searches.
- Schedule your posts (so easy to do in WordPress). I would say posting twice a week is good. Once is totally fine. But make a goal and stick to it. And then take that published post and schedule it out to all your other social media channels via Cinchshare (you can schedule the link to your blog).
- Keep it short and sweet! A blog post should be 300 words minimum in order to be indexed by Google. If you write TOO much, people will lose interest. And there’s actually research that shows that shorter blog posts get shared more! People’s attention spans are like squirrels anymore! So…I was gonna write 10 tips, but we’ll stop at 8! HAHA!
Love you guys! Happy blogging!!
Easy Twitter Tips for your Direct Sales Business
I know that the mere thought of Twitter makes some people twitch. I got it. It’s a platform that many don’t know very well and that scares you! But I can honestly say it’s one of the EASIEST social media platforms out there. And I want to show you how you can be ON there in 5 minutes a week!
Here’s the facts: Twitter has 319 million monthly active users. Can you really afford to NOT be on it? I’m going to be brutally honest and tell you Twitter is not my favorite place to be. But with 319 million people actively using it every month, I’m smart enough to know I want my business included in those statistics. You have to at least have the bare minimum to make sure YOUR business is represented to those masses.
So let’s break it down:
I have made it my job to have at least ONE tweet a day on Twitter. And I’ve made it SO easy for you to duplicate what I’ve done with TWO 2 minute videos below. I’m going to show you how to increase your recruiting AND promote your Instagram account while you’re at it!
Why do you NEED to be on Twitter:
Well, here’s how I see it. Besides the masses of people on there everyday, the younger generation is HUGE on Twitter. So let’s say I meet a 20 something year old and I’m telling her about my business. She says, “Oh! Are you on Twitter?”
You say NO: You’ve just lost her. She knows that you are not her people. You were just straight kicked out of her tribe. Because that’s where she “lives”
You say YES: knowing you hate the platform, but you followed Melissa’s advice and take 5 minutes a week to follow these easy steps, you said YES! And now you have the young pup’s full attention and respect.
Now, I say this lightly. There are many “older folks” who LOVE Twitter. With 319 million active users, I’d say quite a few love it. And while I don’t LOVE it, you’d better believe I’m on it, just to say I AM.
So I’ve made it SO EASY for you:
Check out these two QUICK videos I’ve made for you to show you how you can use Cinchshare to schedule 3 weeks worth of tweets in like 5 minutes. Not even kidding. So easy you will have NO EXCUSE to not be on Twitter! You’ll be like…yeah, I’m cool, I’m hip, I’m on Twitter too 😉
Increase your RECRUITING and be on Twitter (2 min video):
Increase your Twitter game AND promote your Instagram page:
Now…go get your Twitter on!
Follow me at: https://twitter.com/melissafietsam
And post your Twitter link below so I can follow YOU!